image credit: rawpixel.com on freepik
This digital grounding journal has its roots in DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy). Along with easy-to-use formats and aesthetic photos and colors, it also has...
1. Grounding exercises, which can help in anger management, depressive episodes, panic attacks, etc. They are divided according to month, and there is an organized list of grounding records that can be sorted by tags of how effective the grounding was.
2. A self-soothing category that includes soothing methods for the various senses (scent soothing, taste soothing, soothing activities, etc.) with specific examples to get you started and carefully curated templates.
3. A diary part where you can easily track your different events and emotions throughout the year, with inspirational quotes and corresponding pictures for each month, visual layouts, and easy-to-use structures.
Why you should choose Kate's digital grounding journal [template]:
- it is organized; you can tag every meditation session, every episode, and every diary entry according to how effective it was, and what kinds of feelings you had.
- it has aesthetic photos which help calm you down; I personally selected calm photos that give you a sense of peace and safety.
- it has uplifting quotes; I peppered the entire journal with encouraging quotes that could help you when you're down, from Albert Camus to Taylor Swift.
- it has a lot of examples; in case you don't know what to put in a certain part of the template, or you are overwhelmed by that blank white space (it happens to all of us ;)), you can just consult the many examples I have put there, all of which I have either verified online are valid soothing techniques, or that I have discussed with mental health professionals.
- you will see your mental health improve; of course, this is something I cannot guarantee because the journal is only as good as the way the person uses it, but I can tell you confidently that when used the right way, this grounding journal has the potential to turn someone's life around.
Thanks for reading, and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Grounding exercise pages sorted according to month and date, diary pages with quotes and pictures, and self soothing pages in easy-to-use formats!